Wednesday, May 4, 2011

SWBseeking SRw/SC (Note From a Uvula)

Who I wish to be is not who I am.  It is more of me and altogether less.


Freak Flag "Let your freak flag fly" is a phrase that may apply.  Problem: A lot of us have very very spongy flags and since there's always someone raining on us (mostly us) our spongy flag soaks up WAY too much weight and quickly becomes quite pitifully soggy and still (ie NOT flying).


Body. We're a part of a body but we eye the eyeballs and other more tangibly valuable members with envy, trying to be something else.  The body parts we think of as important are all feet and hands and ears, and we other 1,994 parts feel like a gaggle of appendixes.  While I'm pretty sure I'm not at all a thyroid (A uvula comes to mind for some reason... :/ ), I get the feeling there's many a thyroid dressing like a thumb.

Glands and Hormones Yay!  Once in a while, my head consumes a combination of scripture, helpful bible study, with a healthy dose of music, writing, and film (ignore the ad :/), which, all together, will remind me that weirdos can be great.  Suddenly I remember the many important, albeit infrequently discussed, parts of the body like pituitary glands, lymph nodes, and many hormones (hormones!).

SWBseeking SRw/SC (Single White Bulletin seeking serious relationship w/ Single Copier): I don't know what part of the body I am.  But part of it leaves notes like this for the church secretaries to enjoy or be weirded out by:
And another part rewrites them to be less funny and more clear:





The difference: Acknowledging God's view more and people's criticisms less.  He becomes the sole source of inspiration and approval both.  

The Simple Results: No longer restricting quirks that seem only self-gratifying (as in: most likely I'm the only one that enjoys my lame notes), writing more lame notes, make more lame videos, and publish, with zest!, the silly songs that have been sleeping for far too long.  


All to the glory of God. Again He shows His way is rarely the most predictable: Kill a giant/win a war with a sling shot; not a spear, really?  Die humiliated on a cross to save humanity, seriously?  Be uncool to be joyful in Christ, huh?  The unpredictability of His way makes His Glory and His Strength so much more visible.  Thus shall I embrace the weirdness and giggle over it with Toddler and the Trinity...at least until Toddler grows up to Embarrassed Teen.

More. There is so much more to this; someday this will be refined, parts moved and edited.  But not today; not even this month.    

3 comments:

  1. Lame videos -- umm nope - I think they are utterly adorable (moo says the cow). A perfect glimpse into the whimsy of your mind.

    And I can personally attest to how important a single lymph-node can be. Subtly silent until one day, on a whim, he decides to knot up - making his presence know - taking precedence over every other part of the body. Waging a war - Forever changing the lives of those around him.

    SWB - hilarious -- enough said.

    <3
    --H--

    ReplyDelete
  2. can a bumblebee be a uvula? you totally picked the most dirty-sounding non-dirty body part, haha
    i liked your note. i think your handwriting doesn't look like it would be yours.
    ridiculous side-notes. i just wanted to say i like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly--Thank you!! I can't think of a creative way to say this so I'll go with simple, direct and in the open: you've been one of those major sources of creative encouragement! Also, I thought of you when I was writing this, and honestly prayed "if I'm a lymph node I pray very hard God helps me be good" <3

    Goodfellas: About my writing: I think so, too, even though it hasn't changed much at all since 2nd grade (I have evidence!).
    As for Uvula:It is the WORST one to pick, it would have probably been better to just pick...something more directly dirty. (ha ha!) But it kept popping randomly in my head when I wrote this.
    In the end, I realized it's a decent mach since I 1) am not so fun to look at but maybe am a bit interesting and for sure awkward and odd 2) something that can go unnoticed and yet is always there 3) can cause a gag reflex 4)Have a knack for saying things that are not at all dirty and yet sounding like a total pervert when I talk (0.0)

    ReplyDelete